You may have read a lot of business blog posts. But have you ever come across a perfect business blog post?
Do you know how to write it? If not, read this post.
You must have a lot of trade publications. Some are good while others may not be. But there is no such thing as a perfect blog post. So in order to write a perfect business blog post, you need certain elements and strategies.
Before I go into the details of how to write a perfect post, I want to tell you about the most important component of a perfect business post. And that’s before writing, just ask yourself this simple question: “What is the unique angle of this post and how will it help my audience?”
It simply means discovering how your post differs from the others.
What are the interests and needs of your readers?
These two elements, uniqueness and audience orientation, separate good posts from amazing ones.
Here are five elements that can be consistently found in popular business blog posts:
1. Captivating opening: The opening of your blog post is the hook that will get people to start reading. Without a compelling opening, the audience may not even click on the article or be interested in reading it in the first place.
The title of your blog is one of the most critical elements. A survey found that 80% of people will read the headline and only 20% will read the rest.
If you want to get the most clicks, your title should be clear, concise, and self-explanatory.
As you write the beginning of a paragraph or sentence, try to put yourself in the mindset of your ideal reader: What problems will you seek to solve?
What can you do to show that you understand what they are struggling with?
2. Using an image related to a legend: Cheap or irrelevant looking images have the potential to completely undermine the rest of your content. Therefore, it is best to choose related images for your post first. Also, it is good to use captions on images whenever possible.
3. External data and information: Although this is important for all blog posts, but when it comes to business blogging, it is very important. Many readers will approach your posts with questions, especially if you have a small business blog. Therefore, you must use external information to increase your credibility.
For example, you can use customer testimonials, research data, or expert quotes in your business blog posts.
4. A clear point of view: Nobody likes to read a wish article. Since there is so much content available online, having a clear and focused point of view will help you differentiate yourself. Every blog post should have a clear opinion or point of view.
5. Easy to read structure: When writing a business publication, make sure it appears easy to read at first glance. This means using short paragraphs, subheadings, proper use of headings, lists, and generally anything that makes your content seem less intimidating to read.
These were the five strategies that work well to increase clicks and social sharing of your content. So the next time you’re writing a business blog post for any article writing company or service, use these five strategies.