If you are hoping to optimize your website for the latter type of search, which is based on voice, you should know a few steps to do so. Voice search is becoming more and more popular around the world, so all websites should be optimized for these. If not, you will miss out on some potential customers looking to buy the services or products that you may have available. Read on for some of the steps to optimize your website for voice search.
Steps to optimize any site for voice search
Voice search is when you search with any assistant or search engine while talking on your tablet or mobile device. These have started to increase dramatically in recent years, which means it is definitely something you cannot ignore. Here are 7 steps to help you when it comes to optimizing for this, like:
1. Creating FAQ pages – You should make sure you have an FAQ page for your website if you don’t already have one set up. This would allow you to answer questions about your business, the products, or even the services you have to offer. These should be done in question-like formats and contain your long-tail keywords.
2. Fast loading site: Even though it may not seem like it, one of the things you need to do is make sure your page loads quickly. If not, you are more likely to lose a customer, so reduce the size of your videos and images so they load faster.
3. Local SEO Optimization – Another area you need to optimize for when it comes to voice search is local. This is because there are so many people who are searching with the terms “near me” or “near me” and if you are not on the map they will get lost. Also, be sure to use multiple terms for the areas around you, including city names or even zip codes.
4. Outline markup – You need to make sure that you are using outline markup as it can make everything easier in terms of figuring out menus and even prices. The more you use this, the easier it will be for search engines to find this information and it can help your site appear in the results. Customers will want to be able to search for a specific price range or even a dish on a menu and this will help them find your page.
5. Long-tail keywords – Not only do you need to be sure that you are using your specific keywords, but you also need to expand them to long-tail keywords. These sound more natural in questions such as formats and are often used in voice searches. Find out which ones would attract the most attention to your website and then expand them using local SEO terms and much more.
6. SSL secure page – Another step you need to make sure you take is to obtain an SSL certificate for your website. This will help ensure that it is completely secure, which will not only help increase your search engine rankings, but will also make customers feel safe. If they are going to buy something off of your page then they will want it to be secure so that their data and personal information is safe. This is something that everyone would look for, so go for it.
7. Use short sentences and simple words: If your industry is complicated, you must make sure that what you are writing is not complicated. When it comes to creating the FAQ page, be sure to use simpler words, if possible, and short sentences. Nobody wants to try to read something that is too long or something that they cannot understand, so make sure it is easy for beginners to read and understand.
It is extremely important that you are thinking about this when you are optimizing your website for voice searches as they are starting to take over the online world. If you are not doing this, you will lose leads and sales.
There are many things you will need to optimize your website for and it keeps changing based on technology and improvements. The last method you need to optimize is voice search and you need to make sure you have an FAQ page. You should also make sure to use long-tail keywords and local information for your business and a markup scheme that allows them to find prices, menu items, and more.
I hope this helps. Still have a question, feel free to connect with EZ Rankings – Affordable SEO Company!