The United States of America is a unique part of the world in that if you look at the vast expanse of our country, you will find every type of climate, landscape, and soil you can imagine. If you’re lucky, you may find unique locations that provide all of this in one place, and that place is Red River, New Mexico. Not only do you come across the southern part of the legendary Rocky Mountains, but you also come across some incredibly dry nearby desert areas.
Red River is a quaint mountain town often seen by ski vacation giants like Taos and Angel Fire, New Mexico, to the south, and of course places like Vail, Colorado, to the north. However, Red River offers a smorgasbord of winter and summer activities for the whole family, but it also offers great times for couples looking to find a nice mountain getaway that isn’t already filled with visitors trying to spoil the natural wonder. . of the area.
Here are nine great things for couples to do in Red River that not only make it unique, but make it unmistakably a trendy haven for those in the know:
1. Candy Crate, LLP – Here you and your partner can enjoy a nostalgic little candy store that everyone loves. You can also try the famous Candy Mountain Fudge that has been a hallmark of this candy store for nearly thirty years.
2. Texas Reds Steakhouse: Before heading out for some fudge, why not enjoy a staple of the Red River shopping scene by stopping by Texas Reds? Enjoy great food with friendly service in a restaurant that has been in business for half a century.
3. Red River Miner’s Transit: Take a load off your shoulders by taking the city’s Miner’s Transit system. It may not be very romantic, but it’s a great way to get around town while talking about all the great places you’ve been and still want to go.
4. Line Dancing – Line dancing (as well as a number of other activities) is available at the Red River Community House at different times of the year. This year, it will be available from early June to early August 2017.
5. Sand Dunes: Take a day trip together just north of Red River and visit the Great Sand Dunes National Monument. If you are a big fan of landscapes and natural wonders, this is a must for your visit.
6. Art: If you’re both an art fanatic, check out some of the area’s most coveted art by heading to the Red River Gallery of Fine Arts.
If you and your partner have decided to take a breather and just enjoy relaxing, these last three things to do are worth it:
7. Aromatherapy at Essential O2 Bar
8. Therapeutic massage, facials and sugar scrubs at Joy of Massage
9. Yoga at Carol Swagerty Yoga
As you can see, Red River, New Mexico has much more to offer couples than just skiing, snowboarding, and outdoor activities. Obviously, if those things concern you both, by all means enjoy it. Sometimes, though, it can be more romantic to try something a little different from the norm. Have fun!