Are you lonely and bored? How can you manage or totally eliminate boredom in your life, especially during these difficult periods in world history?
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic that had plagued the entire world, I had been locked up in my home. In the first few weeks, my life literally degenerated into a mother sleeping, eating, and watching television. I started to get bored even though I am even quarantined with my whole family. In any case, my partner has been a great support in the kitchen and housework while the children do the dishes and other minor household chores.
Now I start to put myself in the shoes of my friends and colleagues around the world who are single and lonely even in this circumstance. I know this because I was single once, alone, and I felt bored.
Boredom causes tiredness and loss of vision. When you are bored, you feel like someone thrown into the desert with no sense of direction. You feel lost You have no idea what to do next with your life. Happiness and joy begin to elude you. You start to lose interest in yourself and everything that concerns you. You start to withdraw from your friends and supporters. It could be a period when you could slip into depression and start feeding thoughts of suicide.
Being single and alone is not a problem on its own, it is what you do with the situation. It’s always fun when the burden of boredom is lifted off your shoulders. You will have the energy, balance and motivation to take action and move your life in the right direction. You will have much clearer the mission and vision of your life.
So what are the top 5 ways you can eliminate boredom and prosper in your life?
• To-do list: You should keep a schedule of your activities on a daily basis. Organize this list the night before the next day. Leave no room to fight any “fires” by taking time to carefully plan your activities each day in advance. And when you have planned what to do and are doing the actions religiously, boredom will cease to exist in your life.
• Read another book: Reading another book in your area of interest is another way to say goodbye to boredom. When you are reading a book on a subject that you are passionate about, your whole being is absorbed in it. You want to get the meat out of the book. You are trying to decipher the information and the message that the author transmits.
• Learn a new skill: What is that skill you have been wanting to learn all this time? This is the great opportunity! Do you want to be a dancer? Do you want to be a seamstress? Do you want to learn to play the guitar? If you are an entrepreneur, this is the time to hone your marketing skills for today’s realities. And you will discover that the curiosity to know the next steps would replace your boredom.
• Connect: This is the time to create new relationships and probably reconnect with your good friends. And good enough, we are no longer limited by time and space. Thanks to the numerous social media platforms where you can make new friends around the world in a fly 247.
• Exercise: During this confinement, many single and lonely people have gained a few extra pounds. It’s fast becoming a twin problem of boredom and being overweight. Therefore, you must incorporate exercises into your regimen to address your health and boredom challenges.
Boredom can be eliminated. Therefore, the onus is on you to stay mentally and physically engaged to leave the feeling of boredom behind.