“A video marketing plan
can help build your brand,
It’s a quick way to get
From start to profit
and cut out the middleman.
Video marketing is one of the best ways to grab prospects’ attention, add interest, and build credibility into your message.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth ten thousand. Especially if you want to increase sales. That’s one of the reasons smarter small business owners are turning to video to market their business, product, or service.
Because if a potential customer can see it, they’re more likely to believe it… instead of just reading about it. Giving something visual to look at while listening to a message will outsell a print version every time.
Most people would rather sit back, relax, and watch a video demo of a product or service, rather than just read about it. You would not do that?
One of the biggest mistakes comes from those who do it once and expect miraculous results by posting it on YouTube. Like anything related to marketing, doing it once (including video marketing) will usually result in disappointment.
Small businesses that find success in video marketing include it as a routine part of their business. They never see it as a one-time event or “every once in a while.” For example, they use it on their website, emails, squeeze pages, in their customer list, and more.
Having a video is still more important… even what is expected of today’s consumer. Just like a business card did in the past.
But you don’t have to do it alone
A growing number of video marketing companies can provide the knowledge, technology, and connections to help you. In fact, most can help you do it better, easier, and cheaper than doing it all yourself.
For example, they don’t just tell you how to create a video, you can do it by reading a Wiki article. They excel at helping you create a “video marketing plan,” tailored to your specific needs and budget (or lack thereof). Plus, they provide the tools and technology to help make your plan successful.
They are the secret weapon that is quietly helping small “start from scratch” businesses get big results.
Guide to choosing a reputable and affordable video marketing company?
There are a growing number of companies, just google them. But beware! Most are temporary or too expensive. But there are still a handful of top-tier, reliable and affordable companies. Just be sure to use the free checklist I’ve included below. It will help you not to waste time, money and… hair!
Top 10 Must-Haves To Look For In A Video Marketing Company – Checklist:
Note: The more of these qualities the company has, the greater its chances of success and the less frustration it will experience.
1. Video recording – which allows you to record basic screen or webcam videos, getting you online in seconds. Fast and easy.
2. Allows you to add controls – For example, “Buy Now” buttons, “Subscription Forms,” and other call-to-action features you can add directly to your videos. They will make it easier for your prospects to respond to your offers.
3.Has video analytics (real-time statistics)- You’ll need to know who’s watching, how many, for how long, where they clicked, what their favorite parts were, etc. That’s all vital information that shows you how and where you can improve. Without them, you’re just guessing and hoping, like most small business owners.
4. Allow split testing – It allows you to create vital split tests (on the fly), as well as set performance goals and track results in real time. It helps you go from “I think to…I know.”
5. Allows you to easily create your own customer video pages – Make sure they have drag and drop features, for ease of use and faster results.
6. Video conversion – It provides a one-click, web-based, mobile-ready converter. Gets you up and running easily and quickly.
7. Timed Events Feature- It helps you create time events around your videos and gives you a better chance of captivating your audience. Help your videos stand out from the crowd.
8. URL Security (Very Important)- Helps protect your videos from being hijacked. Secure the video URL and embed code to protect it from unauthorized use. Many hackers and online thieves make a living from newbies, hobbyists, and even professionals who overlook this.
9. Consultation 24/7 – This is where many companies drop the ball. They search you and then make it difficult for you to communicate with them or give you slow responses. A slow response can cost you sales or waste time or money.
10. Offer free trial – If you see any video marketing company that doesn’t offer a free trial, don’t leave… Run! Because most legitimate companies offer at least a 7-30 day free trial. So you risk nothing.
Now use this checklist when researching video marketing companies. It will help you save tons of time, money, and frustration. Resist the urge to take shortcuts. When it comes to this step, success is in the details.